Kessil

DBTC ST. Patrick's Day Acanthastrea... Green/orange/white with reddish face

Lyn

So, I was looking around for something green to put into DBTC for St Patrick's day, and I have this partial green Acan. OK, It is a Green/orange/white Acan with reddish face; which I picked up from the swap. I 've been told it can be agressive, so do not put it too near your favorite coral. It has not been agressive for me so far. In fact, it got burned by some Zoas it fell into. :( It is healing up though, so you almost can't tell where it got burned. :)

It likes low to med. indirect flow and will do well in almost any light, low-med/high. Heavy eaters of almost anything.

IMGP4235-2.jpg

Rules:

Normal DBTC rules apply--
Give back 2 frags of similar size (each frag has 5-7 eyes)
Must have stable tank (tell me how long you have had this particular tank running)
Must promise to feed it regularly (mysis, brine, RN products, even fish food)
Must have at least one stony coral that is doing well and shows growth (tell us what it is, etc)
and last but not least, post your favorite Irish jig, dance, video, story, or make up a limerick etc. (Please keep it G-rated, we have minors that peruse the forums too. :) )

Two frags available. Please pick up at April meeting.

There was an Acan which was green
It sat on a rock to be seen
My keeper fed me
shrimp, size of a pea
I really am not all that green. :D

Noooooo body is interested in this coral? It is not a difficult coral, just needs to be fed. Newbes willing to do it can try this out...

If you don't want this coral, at least play my game...come on...where is all the St. Patties Day spirit? We only have 1.5 hours left...At least tell us your favorite... anything Irish!

I'll start...I like corned beef and cabbage. I don't know why we ate corned beef and cabbage, (we are not Irish) but my mom would make it every year, and I have tried to carry on that tradition. :)

I'll give it a go - for the display tank at RTC!

For St. Paty's day I can't add much except that it's always good to have some Guinness.

Not sure if I'm qualify but If I do, I take a frag.. I need some more coral that I can feed because 1 cube of mysis is too much for my fish and other LPS coral.

Sorry don't know anything about Irish :-[ ..

Sorry lyn, but only 1 echinata in each of my tanks max :p
But thanks for the offer! (I actually had that coral a while ago!)

OK Tony and Ed, what is your favorite Irish thing?

[quote author=Elite link=topic=6915.msg89779#msg89779 date=1237354810]
Not sure if I'm qualify but If I do, I take a frag.. I need some more coral that I can feed because 1 cube of mysis is too much for my fish and other LPS coral.

Sorry don't know anything about Irish :-[ ..
[/quote]

Sure you do... The sayings..."Pot O' Gold at the end of the rainbow", Luck O' the Irish; Leprechauns, Irish dance-Lord of the Dance, Irish Wolfhounds, Irish Whisky, Shamrocks or 4 leaf clovers, Lucky Charms cereal-ok, this is made up American-Irish. Any of this ring a bell?

My echinata is on time out too. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and 3 chalices are half-dead. Its been on time out ever since it fooled me for the second time. lol

Mine's never been "bad", but I had them pretty isolated or next to things I didn't value as highly (Anthelia, Chaetomorpha ) ;D

1. Crabby
2. Elite

Can you pick up at the April meeting?

Haha.. now I know why everyone is running away from it ;D.. giving a second thought :D

Unless something change, I'm planning to come to the meeting.. Thanks Sherri!!

Oh none of that ring the bell... :-[ ..

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=6915.msg89797#msg89797 date=1237355843]
Mine's never been "bad", but I had them pretty isolated or next to things I didn't value as highly (Anthelia, Chaetomorpha ) ;D

1. Crabby
2. Elite

Can you pick up at the April meeting?
[/quote]

I plan to be at the April meeting, so yes. I'll keep it away from other corals. There's a lot of open terrain in the new display!

[quote author=Elite link=topic=6915.msg89799#msg89799 date=1237356180]
Haha.. now I know why everyone is running away from it ;D.. giving a second thought :D [/quote]

Stick it next to some macro algae, it won't attack that...

Unless something change, I'm planning to come to the meeting.. Thanks Sherri!!

Oh none of that ring the bell... :-[ ..

None of that sounds familiar? Ask your kids what Lucky Charms are. ;D

See you both at the April mtg.!

The parting Limerick:

My new home will be with a Crabby
In my eyes, that is not too shabby
Then there is Elite,
that's pretty dang sweet-
Excited to have brand new Daddies!

;D ;D ;D

too funny,

Here's one for you...(I'm not as talented in the rhyming department as you are Sherri)

An avid reefer named Lyn
whose limericks are without sin
writes about corals
with high social morals
and to club members does gift a grin

update on the frag:
I think it grew 5 or 6 new heads. It's ready to frag if anyone has a dremel (mine died :( ). Same rule

It doesn't have the green color like the mother colony though.
acan.jpg

Back