High Tide Aquatics

Dehumidifier

Previously in my house my ex wife requested a dehumidifier from our landlord to combat a mold issue in a back bedroom. Power bill went from $75 to $350 that month.

I second the fan suggestion.

So is a vent fan, more in use down here? I could run a vent fan line and blow it out under the crawl space, it would just have to be one all the time or it would let humidity and heat in. Does anyone worry about high humidity level inside cabinants down here in FL?

If the humidity in your cabinet is higher than outside it, then an exhaust fan will lower the humidity in the cabinet. It may even help you lower the tank temperature.

could use these I guess too. I used to keep them open im my boat cabin during the rainy season. Not sure how expensive it would get to always be changing them out though.

19468.jpg

http://www.offshorewake.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=20417&cPath=412&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed#googlebase

Yeah a dehumidifier is basically a mini air conditioning unit, except without making the area colder :D Now even though the outside humidity is high, I'm guessing inside it's a bit more climate controlled and lower. As a result you can use a fan that pulls air out of the cabinet directly to the outside, and have vent slots on the house side that pull in house air to replace it, hence lowering humidity.

Also for a cheap desiccant use rice.

Back