Cali Kid Corals

Denzil's 20 Gallon Long Aquarium

Hey everyone, I just consolidated my two 10g tanks and set up the 20L in its place. This should make things a bit easier to manage and more surface area for corals to propagate. :)

Here's a summary of the setup:
  • 20L tank
  • RapidLED 12" light with five CREE XT-E royal blues and four CREE XP-G cool whites
  • One Vortech MP40Wes
    AquaC Remora skimmer
    BRS dual reactor with GFO in the first chamber and LR in the second
    black eggcrate fragracks
I've uploaded some photos to my SmugMug. Check them out if you so please. :)

Thanks for the comments all! I've definitely come a long way since I started shooting photography as a hobby but there's definitely tons of room to grow. Also, I think there's an issue with my lenses and/or body so I need to figure out what's going on with some of the blurry photos. It seems the auto-focus isn't working as great as it used to. Either that or I've come to the realization that my lens(es) isn't(aren't) as good as I originally thought.

I uploaded some additional pictures to my SmugMug but here's one shot that I'm particularly fond of. :)

IMG_4148-L.jpg

lookin' good denz.

btw, you could always brush off the hair algae on some of those plugs...

i tend to do that in hopes that it won't spread. seems to be helping me so far.

lookin' good denz.

btw, you could always brush off the hair algae on some of those plugs...

i tend to do that in hopes that it won't spread. seems to be helping me so far.

Good to know! I tend to do that from time to time but I've been lazy/tired lately, for somewhat obvious reasons. ;)

Do strong as you want if only dipping the plug to kill algae. I haven't used it on corals. I think some like it more than others. Can't remember ratio.

Back