High Tide Aquatics

Dive Gear

Hey Folks ...

I was reading the post about diving and got me to thinking about the massive investment I made a few years back in cold water gear when I was up in Seattle. As things turned out, the gear got wet only a couple times (literally), then along came marriage, the baby carriage, etc ... and the gear lingered in a box. I figure it's about time to part ways with the dream, but don't know if I should CL it or just try to trade it for something more useful. I "gave" the reg and monitors to my sister but I still have the tank (pressure tested / scoped ~ 2 years ago), BC, a nice set of rubber coated weights (went high end!) with belt, and a Harvey shell drysuit with a thermal undersuit that makes me look like the Michelin man! I plan to keep the rest of the stuff since on the rare occasion when we get someplace tropical I do enjoy the snorkeling and shallow diving.

Oh, and I do have a couple Sony CCD-V9 handycam video cameras along with an Amphibico aluminum underwater video housing ... it was quite the deal back in the day! Anyhow, these are gathering dust and thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas of how to put them to better use.

Thanks.

I say put the video cameras in your tanks and get some cool underwater shots of the clowns spawning.
in all seriousness, are you looking to sell/trade them for reef stuff. or are you planning to take up diving again? If your interested in trading I might be interested in seeing if i have anything you might like.

Chris

Chris, I 'm pretty much sure I'm done with everything since the clowns do take up most of my spare time (!). I'm in the process of breaking down my 180 and replacing with something different, so I'd be open to trades if anyone is interested ... I'll also have a bunch of stuff from the 180 setup I might try to sell or trade.

Back