Reef nutrition

Do we have any member that is on this forum that works for neptune?

Alexx

Supporting Member
I am looking to see if we have a member here that is a Neptune Systems employee. Wanted to address an issue with a pump. Not sure if he could help me.

Last edited:
There’s at least one still on here but I don’t know if they want to be known. Is there something you need help with? Their forum is usually pretty responsive.

My son’s Neptune Systems COR15 pump died after two years and fried the EB832 on his fresh water tank. The failure turned all the outlets on so his sump ended up getting cooked by the heaters, luckily the fish were fine since the pump was dead. I now really like having the pump as just a regular outlet on the EB832

My son’s Neptune Systems COR15 pump died after two years and fried the EB832 on his fresh water tank. The failure turned all the outlets on so his sump ended up getting cooked by the heaters, luckily the fish were fine since the pump was dead. I now really like having the pump as just a regular outlet on the EB832
Hmm really? I was thinking the EB832 they have surge protection. Wonder if it melted the plastic and it started to burn.

I
Hmm really? I was thinking the EB832 they have surge protection. Wonder if it melted the plastic and it started to burn.
It does, although the Neptune pumps are powered by a separate four pronged connector that are a bit on the fragile side. There is a YouTube video about using a soldering iron to replace a capacitor that gets burned out when the pump goes. A little more adventure than I was up for For the record I love the Apex, we have three at the house for two fresh water and one reef tank.

Back