got ethical husbandry?

Drinking 6-yr Old beer

sid700

Supporting Member
I just found a 4 bottles of Pyramid Hefeweizen in a box in the garage. it said "Use By 12/2/02."

I opened one and it tasted pretty good, so I drank it and refrigerated the rest. I just want to know if it's okay to drink it and that I won't die later tonight or suffer any irreparable damage to my delicate body.

You should be ok, although hefe's in my experience usually don't age to well(taste wise). I have a few 5-6 year old bottles of some nice belgian dark ale's and double india pale ales I'm waiting to drink. Without being to general, aging heavily hopped ales with high alcohol contents tend to smooth out the hop bitterness. Dark belgians the malts smooth out and the beer becomes well rounded.

[quote author=newreefnut link=topic=6576.msg84707#msg84707 date=1235665514]
I know mantis shrimps have the capability to break glass. What do they do to your hands?
[/quote]
Most likely not terribly much... they probably could cut you without much problem, bruise you I'm sure, but hands are not rigid like glass, there's a bit more give. Don't believe me? throw a rock at a piece of glass, now throw that same rock at your hand (takes skill! :D)

I've seen a bloody thumb caused by a mantis Mike :) Entire front looked like it was driven over :(

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6576.msg84758#msg84758 date=1235671627]
I've seen a bloody thumb caused by a mantis Mike :) Entire front looked like it was driven over :(
[/quote][quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6576.msg84758#msg84758 date=1235671627]
[/quote] sounds pleasant

Back