got ethical husbandry?

EasySPS Evo

richiev

Supporting Member
Has anyone else used EasySPS Evo? I'm trying to avoid a N=1, anecdote, correlation trap, but I've started using it consistently in my tanks and every time I've started using it things have gotten better. My coloration, growth rates, and overall coral health have drastically improved.

My main display I just added it to, and in a couple days I've seen some montis I was having trouble with seem to greatly color up and have more polyp extension. Some STN reversing.

My frag tank my growth rates have shot way up. Montis and other sps that were just stable with very slow growth have nearly doubled in size in the last month or so.

I have absolutely no sponsorship or other association with it. I'm asking to see if others have had positive or negative successes with it, and in case anyone else wants to try. It's very easy to use, because it doesn't need to be refrigerated and can just be dosed with a normal dosing pump.

Been using it for a couple years now and very happy with the results. I use the 1500ml bags on a doser so it's really set it and forget it only two times a year. Beats manually feeding. Funny thing is I've noticed way more growth impact with my lps and softies than SPS.

Been using it for a couple years now and very happy with the results. I use the 1500ml bags on a doser so it's really set it and forget it only two times a year. Beats manually feeding. Funny thing is I've noticed way more growth impact with my lps and softies than SPS.
I bought one of the big bags recently because finding the smaller ones seemed difficult. I didn't buy/get whatever their dosing attachment is, so instead I just poured it into some jars that I drilled holes for the tubing in. Working well and lets me share one bag across multiple tanks.

Definitely good to keep that hole tight though. Does not smell like potpourri!

EasySPS EVO is a premium mixture of natural marine plankton in a mineral suspension that has been specifically designed to be used with a dosing pump to ensure an accurate and regular nutrition of the SPS corals. EasySPS EVO contains particles ranging from 0.2 – 400 microns (55% from 0,4 to 200 microns) making it ideal to facilitate the capture by the Small Polyp Stoney Corals (SPS) which spend energy for respiration, mucus production, growth and reproduction.

It's basically plankton in a gel that's stable at room temperature. It gives you the ability to easily dose it using standard dosers versus trying to go a complicated refrigeration route. I assume the gel part also acts a bit as carbon dosing, with the upside and downsides that come with that.

I'm in no way saying it's better than other amino/phyto/coral food options, I've just been shocked at how well it's been working for me and how easy it is to use.

I do want to do a phosphate test of it to see if it has more or less than other options. The various phyto / coral foods I've previously used have been phosphate bombs imo. I assume this also is dumping phosphate in, but maybe the periodic small dosing versus manual bigger feeds helps offset the impact some. Very hard to verify that though since I am using various other phosphate export mechanisms. I'm thinking it'll be interesting to mix some of it in with some fresh saltwater and seeing how big a reading I get

I bought one of the big bags recently because finding the smaller ones seemed difficult. I didn't buy/get whatever their dosing attachment is, so instead I just poured it into some jars that I drilled holes for the tubing in. Working well and lets me share one bag across multiple tanks.

Definitely good to keep that hole tight though. Does not smell like potpourri!
I have an extra spigot thing if you ever need. I tried dosing their phytoplankton stuff too, Easybooster, but stopped since I was getting a weird reaction from the the corals. Also careful about air exposure if you're moving and storing then gel in a different container. I had a small leak in my tubing lines and caused the gel to harden and clog up my pump heads.

Interesting. They are not following the legal guidelines for labeling a food product, thus leaving the consumer with no way to compare products or know what s in it (very shady - and done on purpose in most cases). They are missing the Guaranteed Analysis as well as the ingredients list. It's ground up shrimp, phytoplankton and a bunch of stuff they don't list. How do you know you're not putting a gnarly preservative in your tank?

Last edited:
Interesting. They are not following the legal guidelines for labeling a food product, thus leaving the consumer with no way to compare products or know what s in it (very shady - and done on purpose). They are missing the Guaranteed Analysis as well as the ingredients list. It's ground up shrimp, phytoplankton and a bunch of stuff they don't list. How do you know you're not putting a gnarly preservative in your tank?
I don't know that. They might be. However I've been having a bunch of success with it over a many month time period. I'm curious if anyone else has had negative (or positive) results

I'm still using it. No known negative effects. Still correlated with when I started having improvements, with the disclaimer that other changes occurred too and I wasn't previously doing coral unique feeding (beyond various sized food and spot feeding LPS).

Reactions: JVU
Back