Neptune Aquatics

FASTEST REBOUND FOR ZOO's

Schmitty

Supporting Member
Yeah. Im going to get some Lugols today. Ive had a hunch something was eating my zoo's but have never known what to do about it...

Is it enough to just dip the zoo piece, couldn't there be more munchers else where in the tank?

So, Im trying to see if I got rid of all the buggers that were munchin' my zoos. I've still got like 12 on the rock, what's the fastest and best way to get them to rebound and see if I can get the rock back? Im guessing frequent water changes, but should I feed them with the phytoplankton or add anything like coral vite or any thing else... My rock was once covered in zoo's and now I have 12... pretty depressing, but I got the patience if they're gonna bounce back.

Yup, could be munchers elsewhere. But if it's the asterinas, they stay close to their food.

Some people keep harlequin shrimps in their tanks for eating up asterinas. But those shrimps eat only starfish, so probably need to buy a starfish for them to eat periodically.

If they aren't looking ragged, they should start spreading again pretty much immediately. Then it's a matter of how fast they grow. You can stimulate growth by fragging or cutting a bit between sections of polyps. Running skimmerless seems to help too.

Back