Cali Kid Corals

Fauna Marin Pro salt experience?

JVU

President
BOD
Does anyone have experience with Fauna Marin Pro salt? I haven’t seen it much in the US but it is popular in Europe I’m told. I heard they are now distributing with CoralVue so likely will become more available to us here, and perhaps in LFS’s. I also heard that it is very similar or maybe even the exact same as Tropic Marin Pro salt (unverified), which is my current salt. Anyone know anything about this? Or have personal experience with Fauna Marin Pro salt?

I am working through a couple buckets right now. Seems fine - but I can’t say I’ve ever noticed any difference across any salts I’ve used. Nothing negative to report with this stuff, at any rate.

I got it at Neptune.

Reactions: JVU
Claude (Schumacher) said/admitted in one of the interviews he gave (I do not recall if it was in German or English) that his salt and Tropic Marin are more or less equal (equally good). If anything, this guy is really knowledgable/40 years in the hobby and as long as he is heading this company, I believe most of the products are worth exploring (I switched to their ICP, and they also have a water test reference solution which I bought which measures known parameters for accuracy).

Reactions: JVU
I hope Fauna Marin salt is comparable to Tropic Marin. I am using both Nyos and Tropic Marin salt since both mix and store very clean. If Fauna Marin is comparable I will just go with whatever on sale. If you try FM put please post a review!

Last edited:
Back