Neptune Aquatics

Favorite Reef Safe Wrasse?

Hey BAR, are there any reef safe wrasse that you guys love for any particular reason? Please let me know! I'm looking into introducing one in my new tank.

This would be an easier question to answer ignorant posted in your tank journal so I don’t have to keep asking for more information. Other fish being the next i was going to ask

A tiny yellow corris will be more than happy in there imo. I have one in my waterbox cube 20 and in terms of fish it’s really hard to beat that bright yellow streak.

But there’s not many I would put in a 20 and a yellow corris tops the list.

yellow corris, true yellow corris not silver belly
Six line
Possum
Pink streak

But there’s not many I would put in a 20 and a yellow corris tops the list.

yellow corris, true yellow corris not silver belly
Six line
Possum
Pink streak

Six Lines have a potential mean streak in them and in a 20 gallon, they potentially could become an even bigger a-hole.

yellow coris wrasse I probably wouldn’t recommend, they can get 4-5” and that’s a pretty big fish for a 20g.

Six Lines have a potential mean streak in them and in a 20 gallon, they potentially could become an even bigger a-hole.

yellow coris wrasse I probably wouldn’t recommend, they can get 4-5” and that’s a pretty big fish for a 20g.
They can get 4-5” is like years away from what I’ve seen. I agree a 20 isn’t a permanent home but a small one is sure to have a year at the least before “requiring” an upgrade. My corris was 1” 1.5 years ago and is now only 3” or so. Maybe I got a small one but there’s plenty of examples of happy corris in under 30 gallons.

Back