Our mission

Feeding LPS

I am in the process of trying to revive bring back some very po'ed lps specifically bowerbanki I'm taking care of.

The skeletons were pretty much showing through initially (it's only been a few days). They are currently sitting at the bottom of my 120g on the 250w side (vs. the 400w side) and a few heads are inflated so there seems to be some hope. How many days should I wait before I feed or should I even feed them at all?

I know they feed on mysis.

Eileen. I have first hand recent experience on this one :)

100% bleached acan (puked up all it's algae, no color, spiky skeleton protruding..the works). It is now almost back to normal.

Before he tanked, he was a big pig. At the hint of food in the water, he would send out feeders. When he bleached, there was a period were he couldn't be coaxed out. A little mysis "broth" or cyclopeze was all it took. If he wanted to eat, he would open. If not, laying a buffet on top of him wouldn't help.

Should you feed him? I would say yes. If yours is nuked as bad as mine was, he has no algae for photosynthetic feeding so all nutrition is by physical food.

Micros/acans can take a lot of abuse. This micro went from this two head mush:

Angel%20Eye%20Micro.jpg

to this 5 headed beauty (polyps on the other side).

Angel%20Eye%20Micro01.jpg

Took it about a month and a half or so. Fed it plenty in the meantime, starting w/bits of mysis and eventually whole pieces. Fed 2-4x a week.

Back