Cali Kid Corals

Finally upgrading my tank

jamie

Supporting Member
hello everyone. i finally decided to upgrade to a bigger tank. going for a 30 to 100. so excited. so much to do. have to extend the wall where the tank is going to go. have to rip out the carpet and reinforce the floor. now to do some research and figure out if its possible to avoid a cycle. Anyways i 'm just excited and wanted to share. it'll be a while till its up and running. going to take my time with the aquascape. going to put it in there dry and stare at it for a few days before adding water. if anyone has a link to an article about upgrading i would appreciate it. thanks

I don't have an article, but I have a relatively detailed walkthrough of my build on my tank journal. See if that gives you any ideas and let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the planning phase, it’s fun!

Lots of varying opinions about everything but you can make the cycle painless and quick by using bacteria in a bottle like Dr. Tim’s One and Only. Either fishless (you add ammonia) or very low bioload fish-in, where they provide the trace amounts of ammonia needed.

Back