Jestersix

Free boat!!! Runs, registered and yea.. its free

California parks official government site doesn't mention anything about insurance, a lot of insurance pages of course highly recommends it, although that one mentioned specifically says you MUST have it

And you can only get pictures like these from a boat.

Screenshot_20220824-191759_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220824-191744_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220824-191651_Instagram.jpg

OK I’m officially out of the running for this boat. Thanks for sharing Eric. But this got the wheels turning. We realized we need to 1) get on the Santa Cruz harbor wait list - probably wait 18 months 2) get a boat operators license (so we know how to drive it, and can get discounted insurance) 3) check if we can find a used boat already in the harbor so we don’t have to move it.
Try to find someone who berths there to get the inside scoop. Have met people waiting decades to get a slip there. This was for sailboats, so maybe different for powerboats.

@Srt4eric maybe if you can keep the boat, we should have like couple people chip in for gas to go fishing. I go fishing on the shoreline for couple years but never got into the boat to the ocean to fish. Maybe something BAR consider for as an event?

You'd be super surprised now how that area looks most of the kelp beds are gone but still Cabazon heaven!
Ugh, its bad. I've seen sat images of the loss, but I haven't been up there in years. I LOVE it up there, but I LOVE diving where others aren't (Big Sur is AWESOME for diving)

Back