Jestersix

Freebie - biota Mountain Dew Toadstool

Teague75

Supporting Member
Group,
I have a biota Mountain Dew Toadstool that I want to give away. It is too big for my tank and I want to make room for other corals. It is about 8" wide. I live in Brentwood. Please let me know if you would like to come pick it up,
See picture below.

12-30-23.jpg
12-30-23 A.jpg

You could cut yourself a small frag and grow it up again. I’ve done that a few times with colonies that grow too large but that I don’t want to part with entirely.

@Teague75 - Louis - The Toadstool was not too happy following my standard dipping procedure for some time but has now started to open up again so I could take the promised picture. Thanks again for this. Much appreciated!

IMG_6372.jpeg
IMG_6371.jpeg

What’s the longer polyp that’s in the foreground?
I need a piece when it gets too large, if I may...

Erin, ok, there is a huge debate in our house to answer this question. Unfortunately, we cannot give you a good answer. It seems most likely this Toadstool was from a frag swap in the past 12 months.

Happy to give you a frag anytime, but I still need more fragging experience, or you are welcome to come by and get one yourself.

That is a nice piece in the front. Looks like a Steve Tyree but with longer stems. Btw. How’s the beginner sps doing ?

Hi Will, see my response to Erin. Really not sure, we always thought this was another Biota Toadstool. The SPS are still in the nano tank as we were planning to move this (long) weekend. It takes us always super long to get this done properly so do not want to do in a rush. However, they have been doing super well in the nano already (PH 8.4). Will keep you posted.

Erin, ok, there is a huge debate in our house to answer this question. Unfortunately, we cannot give you a good answer. It seems most likely this Toadstool was from a frag swap in the past 12 months.

Happy to give you a frag anytime, but I still need more fragging experience, or you are welcome to come by and get one yourself.
Cut the toadstool with scissor. Glue a toothpick to a frag plug or rock. Stick the toadstool thru the toothpick. Put a little glue on the end of the toothpick head. Put toadstool in a little iodine bath for 10-15 minutes. Your done.

Hi Will, see my response to Erin. Really not sure, we always thought this was another Biota Toadstool. The SPS are still in the nano tank as we were planning to move this (long) weekend. It takes us always super long to get this done properly so do not want to do in a rush. However, they have been doing super well in the nano already (PH 8.4). Will keep you posted.
Nice. If your near high tide aquatic. Go pick up some loose frags that we cut up from Dan-sf coral break down. Be sure to buy something from Kenny tho. Cuz he hooked us up with keeping our stuff there. Lots of really nice OG sps.

Back