Jestersix

Friend for my Maroon Clown.

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
So I have this clown who doesnt have the best attitude. It lives in my biocube 16 with just a lawnmower blenny. They pretty much ignore each other. It would sometimes chase the pajama cardinal who now lives in my 40 gallon. I tried a little baby clown from @Cheedo but that was even worse.
I want one more fish for this tank. Any recommendations? So far this clown has been an A-hole and I really dont want to transfer anything else to my 40. Help.

Our clown was an a-hole (and still is, to be honest). We got a yellowtail damsel, and they've become buddies and will actually hang out together.

Maroon clowns are extremely territorial and get fairly large. A 16 gallon is sort of pushing it for what size of tank they should be in so adding anything else at this point is almost a guaranteed fight. Maybe try moving the clown to the 40 breeder and it will have to go through the dominance ladder all over again instead of just holding the top spot.

Maroon clowns are extremely territorial and get fairly large. A 16 gallon is sort of pushing it for what size of tank they should be in so adding anything else at this point is almost a guaranteed fight. Maybe try moving the clown to the 40 breeder and it will have to go through the dominance ladder all over again instead of just holding the top spot.

The 40 is pretty well stocked. That's a great idea though. I'll put him in my 100 once that's up and running.

I had a maroon clown in my lightly stocked 40 breeder, which was probably still not enough space for her. She got pretty big and mean. My sixline was probably the one fish that wasn't bullied around ever. 16 definitely seems small given the temperament (typical) your describing.

Back