Kessil

Gah! 90 degrees F is a bit too high, eh?

I don't often look at the temp, but I noticed that the evaporation rate has been pretty high lately....90 degrees!

The irony is that the temp reading was on my Aquacontroller Jr, which I've been too lazy to set up, so it could have conceivably shut down the heater and lights and turned on some fans. As it is it did nothing except provide an easy to read thermometer. Sigh...

Nothing died except a nice piece of purple monti. I better stop procrastinating.

A fan blowing over the sump and pre-mature lights off seems to have fixed it. Oh and swapping out the glass heater for a titanium one with external controls.

V

Vince, if it got 90 today, you're in for a world of hurt come summertime.
My highest temp was 100+, which was my tank disaster a few years ago. :(( About 1/2 of the inhabitants survived.

NPS corals, cool worms, neat shrimp, oh yah, always wanted a thermal vent tank. They thing that scares me is the spewing clouds of sulfur and such that would accompany it. It would wreck havoc on your house :p

What ab out Spare The Air days? That would be a for sure fine :lol:

living next to a fireplace spewing sulfer 24/7 would be like having to sit next to the lactose intolerant guy who kept farting in class during elementary school...that would not be fun..

Back