Our mission

GDawson's Nano - Solana 34

Took some pics today and thought it was time to start a tank thread for the nano.

Setup 6/2010

Tank Specs
Stock Solana 34
24” Current USA Nova Extreme T5 Lights – 2 x 10k + 2 x 03 actinic for 96 wt
Temp 78
Sg 1.025
Ca 420 – 450 (trying to stabilize)
Alk 8.0 -9.5 (trying to stabilize)
NO3 - undetectable
PO4 – undetectable
Feeding – RN Arctic Pods in AM. Cocktail of RN Phyto/Oyster/Arctic Pods after lights out. Occasional Emerald Entrée for the fish.

Live Stock

1 Orchid Dottyback
1 black Oscillaris
Bam Bam Zoas
Blue Tubs Zoas
Green/Blue Australian Zoas
DBTC Green Hairy Mushroom
Green w/Purple tip Euphillia ( looks like a branching torch but with shorter tentacles) from BAR member moving back east.
Rainbow Lobo (sold as lobo but think is symphillia)
Candy Cane
Red Mushroom with blue spots
Green mottled mushrooms
DBTC SeminoleCPA Blue Rim Palys
DBTC Maroon Polyps w/green mouths
DBTC Tax Blues Blasto
Red Blasto
Duncan
Sympodium
Frag “War Like” Favia
Clove polyps
Paly Sea Mat

The tank started out as a low light mushroom/polyp tank with the stock 55wt CF that comes with the Solana. It just was so dim even the mushrooms had trouble growing. After the upgrade I was able to put the LPS refugees from the main tank in for recuperation. If you look at the lobo and candy cane you can see they’re still slowly recovering from a constant picking by a flame angel. That small polyp on the lobo is going to go into DBTC when it recovers a little more. The Duncan and Euphillia recovered very quickly. The blastos were moved just because the main tank is going to be softie dedicated. There’s still a frog spawn and elegance to move over but no rush as the angel ignores them….for now.

The aquascaping is not the best but is a work in progress. As no one can really see the tank from the sides it is, so far but subject to change, aquascaped to view from the front.

In the beginning the tank had a couple of clowns that died of brooklynella. Because of this it remained fish free for almost 4 months. During that time an amazing pod and fauna population formed. The next time I do a tank I’ll prolly do the same thing. Besides the assorted pods and worms there are a couple of feather dusters that grew out of the sand…decent size too but not colourful. The whole back wall looks speckled…those are all fan worms with red fans. There is also an oyster. It has grown some, but unsure if RN product is going to be enough for it in the long run. I may have to donate to a azoox person if they’re interested.

Sorry the pics aren't better, but I'm working on it. The pics don't do the corals justice. Colours are lost in the translation....like the euphillia. I would not buy it if it was WYSIWYG on web, but in person the green and purple really show up beautifully and it's a great piece.

-Gregory

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015522_0.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015524_0.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015528_0.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015529_0.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015530_0.JPG ents/sites/default/files/P1015535_0.JPG">/attachments/sites/default/files/P1015535_0.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015538_0.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015539_0.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015541_1.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015542.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P1015544.JPG

Back