Our mission

Glass Boxes

Who's your favorite glass aquarium manufacturer? I'm thinking about replacing my beat up old current tank and stand with shiny new ones. It would need to be about 36"w and 18" deep. Suggestions?

I had a 45 gallon tank made by Miracles and am very happy with it. It was high quality construction, starfire 3 sides, black glass the back. I really couldn't find any flaws with it. Shipping was surprisingly 'cheap' ($450 IIRC) but that was a while back, pre $4/ gallon gas.
I haven't tried any others but if I had to get another display tank I'd probalby go w/ Miracles again.

I would see Keith in Sacramento about a custom glass tank with external overflow. He does Staphire, regular glass, Euro Brace and Rimless.

iani said:
Aside from the two mentioned, I would look into Acrylic glass exhibits (Texas), ELOS, and Lemar (LA).

Only look into AGE if you do not want to see a tank for up to 6 - 8 months (sun does shine of a dogs *ahem* very once in a while though)

davskee said:
I would see Keith in Sacramento about a custom glass tank with external overflow. He does Staphire, regular glass, Euro Brace and Rimless.

Link to ROAB's tank by Keith - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1944904

I have a Leemar 36x24x20 Staphire with center overflow but if I where to do it again I would of went with Keith and do an external overflow. Having the space freed up that the overflow takes would be awsome.

Might check out craigsreef er Reef Central for a used one as well. Lots of good deals to be had out there if you are willing to compromise a bit on dimensions. You might even be able to fine one that matches.

36"x18"? That's Oceanic's Illuminata 57G rimless. Got those in stock for $349!

http://www.neptuneaquatics.com/content/oceanic-illuminata-57g

I think it's as quiet as any other overflow of it's type. Glass is low iron (not Starphire) so it's super clear too. My number one seller in this size.

Gresh...it's indeed is a nice tank!

You should probably just give it to her Robert. It's just gonna sit around collecting dust in your place :p

I picked up an illuminata from Robert today, though I got the non-overflow version. I'm going to drill the back and do a custom overflow instead.

Thanks, Robert! Thanks everyone else for the suggestions, too.

robert4025 said:
Thanks Erin. Good seeing you again today!

Gresh....you talk too much! :bigsmile:

No, your right. I will stop sending people your way. Stupid me for thinking you'd want the business :)

Back