Cali Kid Corals

Hanna phosphate test kit questions.

will it time out when the 3 minute timer is running?
No, so you can actually buy time by activating the timer before 3 minutes is up between tests. It just takes away from the "settling" time. My understanding is the 3 minute timer is intended to allow any floaties or bubbles to settle out of the viewing area.

I've never done this. I don't have any way to pressurize the ro water to ensure a good cleaning. I have not had any issues to my knowledge.

wash with tap, rinse with ro a couple of times. When the tap water evaporates, all the funk from the tap is left. Might not be bad if you don’t have high TDS water, but if you have a hard water source, it will be a problem.

wash with tap, rinse with ro a couple of times. When the tap water evaporates, all the funk from the tap is left. Might not be bad if you don’t have high TDS water, but if you have a hard water source, it will be a problem.
I wash with tap, shake as much out as I can, then roll up a paper towel and shove it in until it fills all corners, rotate and remove. I used to leave the vials floating in ro water, but that gets kinda gross, and probably isn't helping.

I store my Hanna vials full with RO. I always use the same vial and when I could get reference solutions, I test against that to get a baseline when I change reagents.
Every testing method has a +/-, you rarely get exactly the same result, and if you did, it is probably an error. You should get slightly different results, as long as they fall within the +/- range of each other, it's good.

Back