Neptune Aquatics

Heater for shallow tanks/sumps?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
I wanted to put a 250w heater (eheim jager) in my sump, but found it was far too long to put in vertically. Are there any more compact heaters people could recommend? Or how do you heat your shallow tanks?

Go with a titanium heater like a Finnex, and use an external controller (doesn't necessarily have to be an Apex, just a heater controller is fine). Quite a bit of space is removed when the controller is removed from the heater

It’s probably not very helpful but I know you’re somewhat close to Neptune. I got the titanium heater they have on the wall behind the counter which includes a built in temp controller and it is a small heating element. I have a 100w and it stands straight in the back of my 7” deep tank.
haha, sfsuphysics beat me too it. I think mine might be from the brand he mentioned.

Go with a titanium heater like a Finnex, and use an external controller (doesn't necessarily have to be an Apex, just a heater controller is fine). Quite a bit of space is removed when the controller is removed from the heater
It’s probably not very helpful but I know you’re somewhat close to Neptune. I got the titanium heater they have on the wall behind the counter which includes a built in temp controller and it is a small heating element. I have a 100w and it stands straight in the back of my 7” deep tank.
haha, sfsuphysics beat me too it. I think mine might be from the brand he mentioned.
Much appreciated!

They are actual required to be almost completely submerged and can be completely submerged if it’s the one I’m thinking of with the blue top?

They are actual required to be almost completely submerged and can be completely submerged if it’s the one I’m thinking of with the blue top?

Correct. I always thought that needed to be out of water, but it occurs to me I never checked on that...and that would make a lot of sense. Huh. Thank you!

Back