Jestersix

Help! trying to save my corals

Try not to change too much at this point, as Eileen said the Poly-Pads work wonders on contamination.

AFA Xenia, I've found that if your Alk is unstable or you have temperature spikes it melts down.

GL

Ray, if you are anywhere near livermore, I have an AC70 which I do not use at all anymore which was used as an HOB fuge on a 10g. (yes, HOB= Hang on Back)

Ray, how is everything going? Sorry I didn't see your post until now.

I have a large hang-on-back filter you can borrow, and more polyfilter pads if you need them. Let me know.

I also have a large 3.5 liter jug of carbon

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=6420.msg82886#msg82886 date=1235108462]
Ray, how is everything going? Sorry I didn't see your post until now.

I have a large hang-on-back filter you can borrow, and more polyfilter pads if you need them. Let me know.
[/quote]

sigh.. my corals.. are starting to show signs of recovery.. and my shrooms are opening up again..>< I was reading somewhere that when you swap out GAC you can only swap half... does that mean that I have to keep using GAC from now on? sorry for my ignorance

BTW THANK YOU GUYS AND GALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The short answer is no you do not have to keep using GAC.

The overall idea is not to shock the system as some GAC are pretty powerful in the "purification" process. It wouldn't hurt more so if you've been using mass quantity of the stuff - granted you were removing impurities with it.

So my advice would be to remove all of it and simply add half of the amount of the new stuff :D

Back