Cali Kid Corals

How to go about cleaning these.

Just picked up this tank and the over flown and stuff has covered in these tube worm things. How should I go about cleaning these to ensure none continue to grow when I start the cycle?
036a4bf347ec5ec960eec3bbca938b45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree they should be harmless and probably unavoidable anyway. If you wanted to clean them for cleaning’s sake, they scrape off easily and they dissolve easily with citric acid or vinegar. Soak works best but if is probably awkward there, so coating with a spray bottle would work.

I agree they should be harmless and probably unavoidable anyway. If you wanted to clean them for cleaning’s sake, they scrape off easily and they dissolve easily with citric acid or vinegar. Soak works best but if is probably awkward there, so coating with a spray bottle would work.

Sounds good. Any specific mixture of citric acid and water I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I rebooted my nano I first filled it with tap water & bleach and let it run for a couple days. Then I emptied it and ran it with tap water + a bunch of citric acid. Those things came off no problem!

When I rebooted my nano I first filled it with tap water & bleach and let it run for a couple days. Then I emptied it and ran it with tap water + a bunch of citric acid. Those things came off no problem!
Thats how I clean my 40g brute mixing bin(once every 4-6months)

Back