High Tide Aquatics

I could see it coming a mile away

Well, I had a great time a the BACFM today, lots of fun people, and nice corals.

One of the reasons I went (because I have no money) was to get a replacement for my Lime in the Sky that did not even make it home last year. Well, #2 did not make it home, it's dead, the tissue has completely peeled off, and it's a white stick now >:(. Sucks too because Greg doesn't ship, and unlike Randy Newman, I don't love L.A. and have no plans on going there in the near future.

Live and learn I guess ::), if anyone want to take a stab at a dead stick of a coral you can have it for $50 which is $10 cheaper than I paid (should read wasted :()

Sorry to hear. Are those Lime in the Sky frags so sensitive or did you have bad luck twice? Hopefully third time will work out for you.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3698.msg42925#msg42925 date=1210558320]
Ouch.. :(

Will the seller give you some kind of refund?
[/quote]Sadly it was a refund piece, at this point I will try to find one through local sources. I can't sit around for another year to risk getting another dead coral, I really like the LITS, and have wanted one for a while, but it seems to me that a different route would be a more ethical approach.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3698.msg42928#msg42928 date=1210558738]
My guess, is it is related to all the fresh cutting going on there + fresh cut frags prior...lots of toxins.
[/quote]You are absolutely right, tissue doesn't bail off a skeleton within hours for no reason.

Back