Cali Kid Corals

I'd like yo know both sides to this one.

Yaeh regardless of the harassment or ruining the diver's chance to get fish, that diver (if he can be identified) might be charged with attempted murder. I say this however not knowing the severity of what was done not having been in that position before.

waaaaaaaaaat that's crazy. i would definitely press attempted murder charges. you don't do that to anyone underwater

Wow. Not only is that terrifying but what the hell are you collecting that makes you act like that to another person? I hope they can identify him.

What are the rules for collecting fish and coral? Permit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

It matters where you are and what you are collecting. Lots of places it's easier to kill and eat the fish than collect it.

In Florida, Lionfish are open season. I think you might need a fishing license for them.

It matters where you are and what you are collecting. Lots of places it's easier to kill and eat the fish than collect it.

In Florida, Lionfish are open season. I think you might need a fishing license for them.

I have a buddy that's originally from Kapingamarangi Atoll. He used to spear Naso and Achilles Tangs, among other cool fish. Mmm, coconut milk, taro, banana, little salt and pepper, yummy! Skin's like sandpaper though.

You can buy fish in Hawaii for aquariums (at least from what I read). I don't think any fish or coral is allowed from outside the island thought.

Don't know the exact specifics, but if the lack of Hawaiian reefers on RC is any indication, I would think there are severe restrictions.

Back