High Tide Aquatics

ISO Sea Hare

MolaMola

Supporting Member
Anyone know of an Aplysia sea hare in the area who would love to feast upon some algae? Trying to get a big tank through the end of school year - few more weeks - while I decide what to do about it.
Thanks!

Anyone know of an Aplysia sea hare in the area who would love to feast upon some algae? Trying to get a big tank through the end of school year - few more weeks - while I decide what to do about it.
Thanks!
Mine still has work to do - in a week or so I can lend him to you (I need the little dude back eventually)

Otherwise, Clear Water gets them regularly - give them a call, if they don’t have one currently they’re probably amenable to getting you one with their next order.

Keep in mind they ONLY eat hair algae. Mine won’t touch my macros, even the really soft one, and I don’t think it eats bryopsis (but i could be wrong on that one)

Thanks!
Okay, he finished the algae 90%. You can have him for a little while, until he takes care of whatever you need him for, and I’d like him back afterwards - you’d run out of algae and he’d starve if you kept him anyway

I am in Santa Clara, if you’re close enough to pick it up just PM me

Keep in mind they ONLY eat hair algae. Mine won’t touch my macros, even the really soft one, and I don’t think it eats bryopsis (but i could be wrong on that one)

What kind of macroalgae do you have that it didn't touch? My macroalgae tank is getting a bit out of control with hair algae so I may try one. Was it able to climb rocks too?

What kind of macroalgae do you have that it didn't touch? My macroalgae tank is getting a bit out of control with hair algae so I may try one. Was it able to climb rocks too?
It was able to climb all rocks and get everywhere. He avoided touching my nem, but eventually got around to it. It avoided my DBTC Sprung's burning bush, and blue hypnea. It took just over a week to get most of my hair algae - tank is 20g, but there was a lot of hair algae

Was there ever any conclusion to who will take it? If no takers by this coming weekend it is going to Clear Water Aquarium.

I just don’t want the poor thing to starve

@MolaMola CaseyP is unable to pick the sea hare up, are you able to show up at Clear Water this weekend? Last chance, basically, because it's finished off everything in my tank and needs food. I can be there in the mornings

You probably already know, but you can feed it pressed seaweed sheets (aka nori) to keep it happily fed while finding it a new home. If you decide to do that, I’m sure someone would take him at the upcoming swap (I know I would).

You probably already know, but you can feed it pressed seaweed sheets (aka nori) to keep it happily fed while finding it a new home. If you decide to do that, I’m sure someone would take him at the upcoming swap (I know I would).
I do not have nori on hand unfortunately. The sea hare is cute, but not cute enough for me to dedicate time and money to nursing it until adoption.

If someone wants it and is willing to grab it this weekend, I will hand it out - maybe it can make it back around to CaseyP and MolaMola.

I do not have nori on hand unfortunately. The sea hare is cute, but not cute enough for me to dedicate time and money to nursing it until adoption.

If someone wants it and is willing to grab it this weekend, I will hand it out - maybe it can make it back around to CaseyP and MolaMola.
I can take it tomorrow but unsure that I have two weeks worth of GHA. I do have nori sheets so I could go that route once it’s finished but no guarantees.
If you feel like you need to move it on this weekend for it to survive then bring it tomorrow and I’ll bring it to the frag swap.

I can take it tomorrow but unsure that I have two weeks worth of GHA. I do have nori sheets so I could go that route once it’s finished but no guarantees.
If you feel like you need to move it on this weekend for it to survive then bring it tomorrow and I’ll bring it to the frag swap.
If you can get to Clear Water aquarium between 9:30 and 11:00 in the morning, I will be there and I can bring the sea hare. I don't think I can actually head out and go somewhere. If you don't have time to drive, it's okay, don't worry about it

Well, I feel so lame here. I apologize; trying to juggle a lot. Will contact @Invictus to find out status. Regardless, sorry to be silent after expressing interest.
Don't worry about it! Even in the worst case scenario, nothing happens of it, it just ends up in someone else's tank eventually.

I feel bad - I met Invictus today, but I wasn't sure if I had confirmed bringing the sea hare. I should have asked

Back