Our mission

Jonathan’s 32 fluval fun

Super excited to come across this group!

I grew up with a 50 gallon FOWLR, and dreamed of the day of owning my own tank. After months of debating and lease guidelines I ended up purchasing a 32.5 fluval flex aquarium. My tank has been up and running since the end January. Being in quarantine/wfh has given me a chance to keep a close eye my tank and ensure it’s health. My tank currently consists of:

Coral:
Purple pulsing Xenia
Red Mushroom
Frogspawn torch
ricordea
Zoas: Sonic Flare, Twizzler, Rastas, Bam Bams, and whamming watermelons
Pink Goni
2 flower anemones
Kenya tree
1 Duncan, started with one head - at 4 now
Acan
Green/yellow tip clove polyps

Fish and CUC:
2 Scarlet skunk Shrimps
2 Snowflake clowns
Algae blenny aka gramps
5 Nassarius snails
5 turbo snails
1 6 line wrasse
Stripe goby and Red Pistol shrimp
Emerald crab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention I have A hammer torch, and some GSP growing on the back wall.

I’ve been debating getting a lens to do some justice to my tank but I’ll post what I have so far!

Does anyone else have a emerald crab that sleeps between your torches?!

e635e33a5e0f704ecae06d8c80ef7e53.jpg

Forgot to mention I have A hammer torch, and some GSP growing on the back wall.

I’ve been debating getting a lens to do some justice to my tank but I’ll post what I have so far!

Does anyone else have a emerald crab that sleeps between your torches?!

e635e33a5e0f704ecae06d8c80ef7e53.jpg

I had an emerald crab that ate a bunch of my zoas... had is the key word.

Super excited to come across this group!

I grew up with a 50 gallon FOWLR, and dreamed of the day of owning my own tank. After months of debating and lease guidelines I ended up purchasing a 32.5 fluval flex aquarium. My tank has been up and running since the end January. Being in quarantine/wfh has given me a chance to keep a close eye my tank and ensure it’s health. My tank currently consists of:

Coral:
Purple pulsing Xenia
Red Mushroom
Frogspawn and hammer
ricordea
Zoas: Sonic Flare, Twizzler, Rastas, Bam Bams, and whamming watermelons
Pink Goni
2 flower anemones
Kenya tree
Duncan, started with one head now growing three more
Acan
Green/yellow tip clove polyps

Fish and CUC:
2 Scarlet skunk Shrimps
2 Snowflake clowns
Algae blenny aka gramps
5 Nassarius snails
5 turbo snails
1 6 line wrasse
Stripe goby and Red Pistol shrimp
Emerald crab

296ca2649669a139b7c620b635a3954a.jpg

85ea1246934e9bfe282de1173c6e4394.jpg

163793f0c4048fb07f6ba1b263c70bac.jpg

Looks good! I always liked the look of the Flex, I have a 15 gallon one that's currently got freshwater shrimp but saw they had expanded the line to these bigger ones too. Definitely a cool tank, stoked to see this one grow

I can definitely recommend it, my shrimp tank is the lowest maintenance tank I own, I don't do anything to it except top it off rarely, drop an algae wafer in maybe 1x-2x a week, and about once a month add some minerals. I just have red cherry shrimp, started with 10 ended up with more than I could count, happy to give you some if you start a tank. I will say in my experience they do best in a tank that has been running for about 6 months and then dropping the shrimp in. I forget where but I heard someone describe shrimp as needing a "seasoned" aquarium and that seems to ring true. But yeah welcome to have some and try it out.

Added some new coral to the tank, and did some rearranging. A few more zoa and I think I am done..... My back wall GSP decided to take a 2 week vacation and is finally opening up again.

Starting to see some coralline algae really take hold. Everyone in the tank is looking happy and healthy!
IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5829.jpeg
IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

Back