Reef nutrition

Just when you thought the water was safe..(bad epoxy)

L/B Block

Supporting Member
Is it still shark week? Anyway I think epoxy strikes again. This week I had two corals break off that had been previously attached using the “bad epoxy.”

Again overflowed the skimmer (now up 2.5 inches on a platform ) -albeit not as bad as last time-still released enough crap into the water column to take out a tang and a sand sifting goby- again. Same thing happened last time. In fact it was the same exact two species-the more expensive ones!

I would prob take off all the corals I used epoxy on and re-atttach if I could remember which ones were affected.

For now-the other fish roll on

Just super annoying.

Is it still shark week? Anyway I think epoxy strikes again. This week I had two corals break off that had been previously attached using the “bad epoxy.”

Again overflowed the skimmer (now up 2.5 inches on a platform ) -albeit not as bad as last time-still released enough crap into the water column to take out a tang and a sand sifting goby- again. Same thing happened last time. In fact it was the same exact two species-the more expensive ones!

I would prob take off all the corals I used epoxy on and re-atttach if I could remember which ones were affected.

Just super annoying.
Sorry to hear! Could you just use regular super glue?

Just super annoying.
Please let us know what brand/type of epoxy so we can avoid it

Please let us know what brand/type of epoxy so we can avoid it
At @JVU & @Coral reefer -I had def not encountered anything like that. I had used epoxy before without issue but one specific “stick” if you will caused innumerable issues. I need to track down the name brand but I bought it off I think Amazon and I wonder if it was…fake?

@Coral2Coral -i normally used superglue only but the urchins knocked my corals over like bowling pins! Been using Seatak now. Works very well but serious PIA to work with I find.

At @JVU & @Coral reefer -I had def not encountered anything like that. I had used epoxy before without issue but one specific “stick” if you will caused innumerable issues. I need to track down the name brand but I bought it off I think Amazon and I wonder if it was…fake?

@Coral2Coral -i normally used superglue only but the urchins knocked my corals over like bowling pins! Been using Seatak now. Works very well but serious PIA to work with I find.

I just looked up my Amazon orders-its not there so then I got it at AC then..hmm I can’t remember the brand

Back