Kessil

Looking for an expert advice/visit

I'm looking for somebody who has experience setting this up...

Somebody who can recommend setting up a Calcium Reactor, and an Ozone and CO2 systems.

My system is more than a year old... I'm looking for feedback/input on how to enhance it. Make it more automated and possibly setting up an automated water changing system. I'm 1/2 way there... But I can use a lot of advice.

Also somebody who has experience fighting ich with Ozone and with UV systems. I have a few issues which I have been trying to battle for the past year.

1. NO3 control,
2. pH balance (optimiztion)
3. ich (which seems to infect only Poweder Blue/blue tangs I have.
4. Clams! They seem to always die (I read a similar problem/symptoms) and it's possible it's a virus or bacteria of some sort, that's why I need to check my UV to see if it's working or not or if I need additional equipment)
5. Acroporas do not survive more than a month... (No flat worms detected or parasites)

So I need an expert in all (or most) areas.

Thanks,

-AJ

Can you toss out some of the details on your tank. Lighting, how often you do water changes, etc. maybe some recent shots of your setup tank, sump equipment. I tried to look through your picassa album but it is tough to tell what is current and what has been changed. for example I see bio balls in your sump in one of the shots.

Powder Blues tend to be ich magnets btw.

I am by no means and expert but I can chime in with some stuff and I am sure others will as well if they have a little more info.

The pix are in order... Most recent are towards the bottom.

I transformed the bioballs to a refuge now (Sand, Dead Corals, Rocks, Mangroves and Algae and a Sock Filte)

I used to do a water change every month to 6 weeks because I thought I had enough filters installed. Now I'm doing 20G/week to get my NO3 lower. It's at 20ppm
I have 2 UV Filters, a Coralife 36W Twist and a 15W inside the Chiller UV. Also a Submariner 7W UV. I have 2 skimmers now. a BM160 and a new C-Skim 1200.
I currently have a Kalk drip system. But I would like to change it with a ReefDoser. And a Calcium/Kalk reactor. I also have a PO4/Carbon reactor inline with the UV. Bought but not installed a CO2 system and an Ozone Generator.

Back