got ethical husbandry?

lumenarc reflectors

Well, today I squeezed some time to attend BayMAC and had a chance to talk to the owner/fabricator of Lumenarc reflectors.
I had no idea they were made in Marin Co.
I was about to buy some used ones but the price at the conference was better than searching for used ones on RC.
The pair will go into my canopy (to be built) for the 90G upgrade.
I want to try Radiums as many have posted great comments here and on RC.
Now I have to figure out a way to explain my wife the acquisition of the reflectors, any suggestions?

The reflectors will allow me to use lower watt bulbs because it focuses the light in the right places. It saves energy and produces less global warming gases.

Sounds like a raffle prize to me :). Luminarcs are really nice. I have them on my tank and really like them. With the 400W radiums I almost fell like I have too much light sometimes.

I, as well, joined this club today and quickly stashed the 3 new Lumenarac setups in the garage. I too have some 'splain'in to do. Not really but I figured that I have been buying used light fixtures that are not what I really wanted and have lusted for these for some time. After talking to Tony, Jeremy and Bryan I had convinced myself that these were the best option - I thank them for the suggestions. The fairly uniformly distributed light pattern is really what you want and these appear to do the best job. Tom at Lumenarcs was a pleasure to deal with. I was just expecting to pick up a few little things today - oops. I am setting up a new (to me) 6' tank and am anxious to fire them up but I have a lot of work to do. I can also sell my old MH lights and help offset the cost.

Jim

seminolecpa said:
Sounds like a raffle prize to me :). Luminarcs are really nice. I have them on my tank and really like them. With the 400W radiums I almost fell like I have too much light sometimes.

Yup, point her to http://thebaymac.com/09raffle.php and say see :lol:

Back