Neptune Aquatics

Make sure your family is trained on power outages!

Hi all! Just got a call while I’m at work that our power is out with no ETA. I usually operate my generator without help so I had to teach a family member how to operate and hook it up via phone. Luckily it decided to start on the 9th pull.
My bodies of water are up and running but if I hadn’t trained my family to call me during outages and to setup my generator, I could have come home tonight to a dead reef.
TLDR: own a generator, know how to service and use it and train your loved ones on it.

Hi all! Just got a call while I’m at work that our power is out with no ETA. I usually operate my generator without help so I had to teach a family member how to operate and hook it up via phone. Luckily it decided to start on the 9th pull.
My bodies of water are up and running but if I hadn’t trained my family to call me during outages and to setup my generator, I could have come home tonight to a dead reef.
TLDR: own a generator, know how to service and use it and train your loved ones on it.
Lucky. Make sure you put stabilizer or run it dry. Take precautions for the next time. If you don’t and let the gas sit. It will be really hard to start in a few months to years when you need it again.

Lucky. Make sure you put stabilizer or run it dry. Take precautions for the next time. If you don’t and let the gas sit. It will be really hard to start in a few months to years when you need it again.
Any recommendations of the best stabilizer if I can’t run it dry without annoying my neighbors? I agree I got lucky.

Great tips! I will definitely have to get this done with family members and my emergency backup (when we away in vacation)
I converted my Honda Generator to Tri-fuel (Natural Gas, Propane and Gasoline). Have been using Propane and Natural several times and it started with 1 pull. I was told not to put Gasoline in it unless I really have to because Propane and Natural Gas run so much cleaner. We will see.

Back