Cali Kid Corals

Mariculture Blue Formosa DBTC

Two Blue Formosa Acropora from my Mother Colony

IMG_4095.jpg

Maricultured slow growing sps with small white polyps at tips. Prefers high current, MH lighting and daily feeding zooplankton, RN Oyster Feast. Fragged from my Mother Colony.

1) Agree to give me a frag back upon the loss of my colony
2) Agree to put 2 new frags back into the program
3) Tank must be established > 12 month
4) Have a tank journal with pics of healthy SPS
5) Pick up at Dec meeting or arrange for p/u in Montara

screebo said:
I think you may have a total of two, the one I picked up and one more up for grabs....

You are correct Sir. Today I fragged a couple of more pieces to shape it better. I can put another one up. I need some Karmic balance in my life.... 0:)

Thanks for following along and noticing too. :glasses:

IMG_4051.jpg

A_Lee said:
nice cutting shears! :D

Thank you for noticing.

I actually used a new set of shears (in my right hand) to make those frag cuts. It was smooth and easier than using Screebo's bone cutters.

It amazes me how much this fragging stuff is like gardening. I'm a former landscaper, prior to my beginning my real career, but still enjoy tending to our garden. It's nice to have an underwater garden to tend too: If only these corals would grow as fast as my outdoor garden does, I'd be a super happy Reef Farmer-"Mountain Man Fragger."

Thank you for following along and for posting.

Happy Reefing,
R.K

IMG_5405copy.jpg

I understand the similar landscape/ aquascape. I find that after years of building stone walls, building the rock structure was easy to get a balance I like. Balance in the stone themselves as none have rods, and to get a flow in the layers. Happy 'Gardening'!

Hi there Reefer,

Wow. That is really loving your tank. Your lighting and camera work is doing it justice. Nice work and nice polyp extension starting to form - which has been a slow process for me too. Thanks for posting and taking good care of it. I really love the teal sheen on it when the super blue actinics are on....

Enjoy / Happy Holidays

If you have some time make plans to stop over for some Holiday Cheer.

R.K.

Back