Jestersix

MAX II (Marine Aquarium Expo) is April 3-5, 2009 in SoCal OC Fair Event Center

so when is BAR's next steering committee meeting?
This is something that should be planned far in advance, hence our inquiry about the booth.

Actually, this is probably a good time to post the "small-print-legaleez-gobbilly-gook" while I'm at it: ;D

Rules for club booths:

1) Booth must be occupied at all times (no empty booths) with at least two people on average.
2) Booth must be decorated with (at minimum) with a large banner, sign, and/or poster identifying the club and at least one other form of decoration to dress up booth.
3) Promotional materials must be made available for MAX attendees. Materials are to promote the club such as flyers, business cards, brochures, or information pamphlets. (no empty tables)
4) Selling of livestock and/or dry goods are permissible as long as the proceeds benefit the club.
5) Booth exhibitors are expected to help promote Marine Aquarium Expo in the months preceding event by distributing flyers, postcards, or electronic information to all members and other interested parties. (materials provided by Sunset Promotional Services)
6) Booth exhibitors are HIGHLY encouraged (though not mandatory) to include a workshop, demonstration, slide show, film and/or some other form of attraction to draw people to their booth.
7) Booth exhibitors are responsible for leaving booth area clean and orderly at commencement of event.
8) Booth exhibitors are to follow all laws, rules and regulations of the OC fair & Event Center and City of Costa Mesa at all times while on the premises.
9) Management reserves the right to remove any person or persons found violating rules, displaying outrageous behavior (nuisance), and/or who are deemed a danger to public safety.
10) Management reserves right to add, amend, and/or change policy as needed for logistical needs.

Amenities Provided:
1) One 10' x 10' courtyard booth for duration of event.
2) Pipe & Drape 8' backdrop and 3' side rails.
3) One 8' table w/ table cloth and three chairs.
4) 20-amp of electricity (unlimited for duration of event).
5) Saltwater for display and/or frag tanks (if needed).
6) 3 MAX Vendor's passes w/ neck lanyards. ($10 each additional)
7) In/Out privileges for three persons (plus those purchased above)
8) WiFi Internet access throughout building.
9) Full rights and access to sell, trade, barter, and/or promote.
10) Available bathrooms, food vendors, ATM, etc.

:)

We have Hobby booths available for only $250 at MAX if anyone is interested in selling corals/frags/equipment/etc.
This is a GREAT deal considering all that is going on in the courtyard this year. Aquarium of the Pacific is exhibiting this year. Here is the latest floor plan: http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/floorplan.html

MAX has an entirely new website, check it out: http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/

For those who are attending from out of town, please remember that we have special discounted rooms available for all MAX attendees and participants. You can book directly through the website: http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/travel/Hotels.html
of if you choose to call in please remember to mention the "Marine Aquarium Expo room block"

We are also raffling off a Grand Prize worth over $12,000 on Sunday!
http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/attendee/Raffle/raffle.html

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=4112.msg73609#msg73609 date=1231529971]
I am definantly attending this year... Is BAR doing a booth this year?
[/quote]

We now have nine club organizations participating in MAX. BAR, however, politely declined our offer for a free booth

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=4112.msg73612#msg73612 date=1231530794]
BUT! we will still be represented in a small way.... I'm going. ;)
[/quote]

And I've attended everyone as a vendor and will be at this one as well :)

ok - I just booked my Hotel...not to bad $79 for Sat night! Going to try to see the Aquarium of the Pacific too.

So I guess there will be a few BAR members running around...should I where my shirt?

http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/

Here's some photos form the event.

Coral1.jpg

Coral2.jpg

Coral3.jpg

Coral4.jpg

Coral5.jpg

Coral6.jpg

Also visited the Aquarium of the Pacific, so here's some photos.
There Fish only tank.
Fishonly.jpg

Reef aquarium.
ReefwithArnold.jpg

Reef.jpg

Outdoor shark tank.
OutdoorSharktank.jpg

Skimmers for outdoor shark tank.

Filtration-1.jpg

My camera battery was low, so only took a few shoots.

It was a fun event...we saw Jason (eight) and Bonnie there, but didn't see Jeff. Since Benjamin and I both won some raffle stuff ( I won some salt - he won a bio cube) we decided not to push our luck and went home on Sunday. Though there wasn't pics of all the coral there, but I would say half the vendors there were selling coral! some really nice expense one too, but there were some great deals as well.

The pics of the reef tank at the aqurium don't do it justice, it was really nice. And the place is pretty empty on a saturday morning!

Good trip, I would do it again.

look i am at the fish'n'frag booth. matt is a real top notch guy.

MAX was worth the drive not only to purchase corals, but visit my san diego friends. hit two birds with one stone.

Back