Cali Kid Corals

More Apex question

Yes, the base unit is all you need. Everything else you have will work with the new base unit. You WILL have to reprogram everything since it is a new base unit.

Might want to consider the following as well in addition to that base unit:
1. PM2. The new base unit has a salinity port so technically you don't need this.
2. PM1. You're using 3 probes but the base unit accommodates for 2. Add the extra probe via PM1 or consider either not plugging in the secondary pH probe or your orp probe.
3. EB8 vs. EB832. The EB8 doesn't have the 1-link cable to plug in the Trident. You'll have to use an aquabus cable + external power instead for the Trident.

And you won’t get to keep your past history.

If you do not delete the old Apex from Fusion, you can adopt data. It helps if you rename all your probes and outlets the same.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 4.00.39 PM.png

I don’t understand but from a user experience prospective it should work like an iPhone backup you would restore to a new phone and have to do nothing further. This includes the history.

@Vhuang168 showed a way to do what you were asking for, just "more complicated than a button press"

The button press for you is the front end. The way the addresses are stored in the apex is backend software.

They talk to each other, but are different systems, so it likely isn't worth the development effort to reengineer the backend to make the front end more user friendly at this time, given how rarely people switch an apex. This is just a guess, but this is how I have seen software products work in the past in smaller companies that aren't doing thousands or millions of units a year.

@Vhuang168 showed a way to do what you were asking for, just "more complicated than a button press"

The button press for you is the front end. The way the addresses are stored in the apex is backend software.

They talk to each other, but are different systems, so it likely isn't worth the development effort to reengineer the backend to make the front end more user friendly at this time, given how rarely people switch an apex. This is just a guess, but this is how I have seen software products work in the past in smaller companies that aren't doing thousands or millions of units a year.

This explanation makes sense to me and is plausible.

Back