Jestersix

My lazy 10g

I started this tank 5 months ago with the intention of doing very little maintenance.

What's in the tank? A platinum perc, an ocellaris, thinstripe hermit, 1 trochus snail, halimeda, kenya trees, and a baby azure damsel.

The kenya trees were added a month ago, they helped clear up the water a bit. The azure damsel will live here until it's big enough to be in my other tank. I started the tank with a lot of beautiful macro algae but the hermit eats just about everything.

No mechanical filtration up until today(sachem tidal 35). The light is a Lominie S20. I bought a cat fountain pump for flow, which works surprisingly well. The pvc had some coralline so I stole it from my snowflake eel lol. The clowns occasionally go inside to sleep.

I have only done one water change(10%) in the past 5 months. My parameters have been very stable. No ammonia and nitrite. <5ppm nitrate

Im thinking of adding 2 rose btas from another tank or buying a carpet nem.

This write-up was done the same way as my tank, lazily. Pics were taken like 5 seconds after turning on the filter. Yes, I know the tank is ugly, but it's MY ugly tank lol

IMG_20201129_131232.jpg
25d49a7464600b6561cc3565e75dae7f.jpg
41a035be748aaf6b085fb6fbe04bbb37.jpg
d38e4054a3d86d8ff402726af9f641f4.jpg
3d15a6ea79c7126df9d8694c19b3162f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did you start it with waste water from your other tank? And with rock from an existing tank?

I want to do a lazy tank like this

Did you start it with waste water from your other tank? And with rock from an existing tank?

I want to do a lazy tank like this
Yeah, I used water that I was going to throw out. The rocks I left in the sump for 3 weeks. That was enough time to get A LOT of pods. Honestly, pods are probably the reason this tank hasn't crashed. Any bit of uneaten food disappears with in seconds. I often see ½ inch amphipods dragging away food lol.

That’s a serious hermit crab!
Indeed. It was in my 100g for a few days and it ate literally any algae it could reach on the glass and rocks. Great at cleaning, but unfortunately it would walk all over my corals.

Back