Kessil

Nano Cube PC Ballast Problems

Hi All,

I noticed that one of my lights didn't fire on my 24DX this morning. I turned it off and on and one still only fired. I swapped connections at the ballast and the other light fired up, so the problem must be in the ballast right?

Has anyone had any issues with this before? It looks like it comes apart easy with four screws, but I'm not sure what can be done once I get in there.

There is only one external fuse, it is not tripped.

Thanks,

Josh

are they electronic ballasts or magnetic? might be an issue with the starter (little round white cylinder looking thing, or could be silver colored)

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4299.msg52058#msg52058 date=1218573752]
are they electronic ballasts or magnetic? might be an issue with the starter (little round white cylinder looking thing, or could be silver colored)

[/quote]

not sure, will I be able to tell when I open it? The lights did flicker when I plugged the lead cables in, even though the power switch was off...that seemed a little strange...would that suggest a sticky magnet?

Thanks,

Josh

Well if they're electronic there will be simply a rectangular ballast with wires hooked to the bulb & power and that's it, magnetic will require a starter, and may not be a nice rectangle shape (probably looks like a transformer, not the toy)

well that was fun, I had the lights off all day just in case the electrical was going, I plugged the main power cord in, then the individual light cords to the ballast, making sure the power switch was off, when I plugged the second light in a spark flashed at the connection, then something in side the ballast blew with a pop, flash, and stinky ozone smell....guess that sucker is shot

Back