Our mission

New to the BAR

Hello all... glad to be here. It seems like a very good community and I look forward to meeting some of you at the swap, participating in some DBTC activities, and learning ever more about the hobby. I have about a year and a half of experience with reefs but have kept fish most of my life... but have been making up for it with a lot of reading and research.

My tank is a 29G Biocube that is currently undergoing a retrofit to LED lighting (should be ready mid Feb of 2011). It'll get it's own thread when I'm done! After that is eventually going to be a Tunze 9002 with modified collection cup and an ATO solution.

I keep telling myself I'll upgrade to a much larger tank, sump, etc when I move into a house. Apartment life and large aquariums don't mix well.

I have a blog about my tank that I've maintained through (most of) the joys and disappointments since I started. There are some pictures and posts up there that give a little bit of history... http://thereefexperiment.blogspot.com/

Anyway, cheers!

Yes bondolo I'll be there with my girlfriend and my (meager) offering of frags. After seeing what people are planning to bring or brought in the past, I am pretty intimidated. By then I am hoping to have my LEDs done so that I can keep some more demanding SPS but the main thing I'm looking forward to is just seeing all of the specimens and talking to people.

Back