High Tide Aquatics

Nice article Rich!

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Really liked the how to mount frags article you did in Jim's magazine. Learned a few tricks myself as well! For instance never ever even thought of pre-spackling the rock with superglue gel to help it stick. Also putting a piece of rock rubble next to the frag as it nears the edge of the existing one is a brilliant way to make a nice healthy encrusted frag rather than just a stick glued to a rock.

Btw though, I recall Frank (?) when he did his talk on quarantine procedures he mentioned killed a ton of purple monster frags because he used superglue wicked up through the coral structure, is this because it was a liquid glue rather than a gel?

Thanks Norman, I couldn't remember the name of it off hand, and I was too lazy to go to the bathroom to look at it, so Jim's magazine will suffice. Kind of like Jim's Coral that I got at the swap :D

P4290036.jpg

You should try and get all the issue's, lots of familiar names with some great articles

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2512.msg25889#msg25889 date=1192756661]
Really liked the how to mount frags article you did in Jim's magazine. Learned a few tricks myself as well! For instance never ever even thought of pre-spackling the rock with superglue gel to help it stick. Also putting a piece of rock rubble next to the frag as it nears the edge of the existing one is a brilliant way to make a nice healthy encrusted frag rather than just a stick glued to a rock.

Btw though, I recall Frank (?) when he did his talk on quarantine procedures he mentioned killed a ton of purple monster frags because he used superglue wicked up through the coral structure, is this because it was a liquid glue rather than a gel?

[/quote]

Thanks Mike!
I don't like liquid super glue for a number of reasons - wicking being at the top of the list. :D

haha, lol. I just noticed last night that a turbo knocked over the frag. Luckily only the very tip of one branch is white. It landed on a duncan, I guess it could be a lot worse. Damm turbo knocked over like 4 frags.

Back