Kessil

Not getting any email notifications......

nanoguy

Supporting Member
I don't seem to be getting any email notifications on replies to my posts or new replies to posts I've subscribed to. I went to "my account" and checked every auto-subscribe check box there was......... no emails. I'm still feeling out the site.......want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

You may want to subscribe to posts you've made previously. It looks like you're currently only subscribed to 4 threads.

Also be sure to check that your email address is correct.

I think that positng to a thread is no guarantee that you'll get notifications. I've started some threads that I don't get notified about!

V

I think you need to go into "my account" on the menu bar on the left, then click on subscriptions up above, then look for the the word settings at the bottom (click on it).

Make sure the following boxes are checked

Auto-subscribe to new content
Automatically subscribes you to items that you create.

Auto-subscribe to updated content
Automatically subscribes you to items that you update (if you have that permission).

Auto-subscribe to comments
Automatically subscribes you to items that you comment on (or where you update a comment, if you have that permission).

seminolecpa said:
I think you need to go into "my account" on the menu bar on the left, then click on subscriptions up above, then look for the the word settings at the bottom (click on it).

Make sure the following boxes are checked

Auto-subscribe to new content
Automatically subscribes you to items that you create.

Auto-subscribe to updated content
Automatically subscribes you to items that you update (if you have that permission).

Auto-subscribe to comments
Automatically subscribes you to items that you comment on (or where you update a comment, if you have that permission).

Odd.....all the above boxes were already checked. Still not getting any email notifications. I just checked my email address and it is correct.

I posted a test message to a thread you're subscribed to. The logs indicate that subscriptions are being sent to you successfully. :-/

pixelpixi said:
I posted a test message to a thread you're subscribed to. The logs indicate that subscriptions are being sent to you successfully. :-/
That's so weird. I just checked my email and there is nada..........not even in the spam folder. Does BAR send out any emails to confirm payment/memberships? I never got one of those either when I first signed up if they do get sent out.

Can you try using a different email address? I noticed there's a capital "P" in the domain name of your email address. I don't -think- that's a problem but maybe try changing it?

Ok....just tried changing the capital "P" to a lower case and when I saved it this message popped up at the top.

"The e-mail address XXXX@.net is not valid in SMF." Not sure what it means. I'm going to setup another email address.

Back