High Tide Aquatics

Percula Clowns

Schmitty

Supporting Member
Is there anything else besides Rose Anenomes that the perc's like to swim/live in. I have a Rose right now, but when I downsize, Im thinking I might not do any anenomes... Wondering if clowns would swim in frogspawn or hammer corrals or anything else...

when my rose was small, both my clowns fought over position in it, now that its big, they both can get in there... but they dont go anywhere else in the tank, even when it's feed time, they barely leave...

I want some fish that swim around the whole tank and dont stick to one zone

Well, since you are downsizing tanks you may not get the "swimming in an open area" effect you are looking for. Smaller tank means less swimming area.

When I minibow 7 was a softie reef, it barely fit two small soft ball sized sized rocks. The only fish I could place in there were small juvi percula's for a little while. When I had my 40ish gallon tank I only had three fish, and they weren't active swimmers per se.

The toughest thing with smaller tanks is top-off, and not letting the salintiy get too high with all the evaporation that goes on.

Back