got ethical husbandry?

Pintail question

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
Yesterday my pintail was just hanging out in a corner of the tank all day. I thought it was kind of weird because he is usually super active and swims all over the tank. Today he is hiding in a rock. I havent notice anyone bullying anyone. He does come out for food but once he's done eating he goes right back. Should I be concerned?

As long as they’re eating normally I wouldn’t worry too much. You can inspect her for any signs of disease to see if something is wrong. Also, see what her poop looks like and whether she’s breathing normally.

As long as they’re eating normally I wouldn’t worry too much. You can inspect her for any signs of disease to see if something is wrong. Also, see what her poop looks like and whether she’s breathing normally.

Second I drop food in he comes right out. Also seems to be breathing fine.

He just happened to start acting weird when I found those rusted out magnets. I added poly filter right away and what ever seachems version of the stuff is call too. I think seeing that rust freaked me out more than it bothered anyone or anything in my tank.

I havent seen it poop. I'll keep my eye out for it. You know now that you mention it, I dont think I've ever seen any of these fish poop.
I study the deposits of all my fish, can get a good overall view of health kinda just like humans. I started doing this with wrasses in particular since white stringy poop is no good.

My pintail used to swim out in the open, but it got startled once and jumped up and hit the cover...Since then, its been doing what yours has been doing and just hides and only comes out to eat

Back