Cali Kid Corals

Possible Frag Tank Or Clown Anemone

Not sure how to approach a freshwater tank and flip it to a saltwater tank it’s about 20-25 gals. Not sure what’s needed and not wanting to over do everything. All ideas and tips welcomed please let know what you’ll think

Attachments

• 37381A91-0100-4EC6-97E6-9C5FB622C5A4.jpeg
    37381A91-0100-4EC6-97E6-9C5FB622C5A4.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 126
If it is fully enclosed, you can either make it an all in one tank, or plumb a sump into it. The AIO system is easier, but doesn't give you the flexibility of the sump for holding equipment. I recently looked into a second system for me and opted for a all in one that was the right size for me. There are ways to print an attachment to turn any tank into an AIO and @ashburn2k has a few of them. The aio conversion is not a bad way to go.

My suggestion would be to drill and sump it.

If not then the AIO path would work. I ran small nem and clown setupnwith HOB filter for a long time but problem with active suction of HOB is nem will get sucked into the intake tube, get injured or die, and ruin the party for everyone else in the tank.

You need to have a passive drain system that minimizes nem collateral probabilities.

You won't need much if you do the AIO route. Couple baffles and a backing with a small return but in exchange, you sacrifice realestate and some aesthetics on that tank.

Drilling for overflow box and sump would give you the most flexibility...and sound suppression, imo.

Or
You could make the sump higher than the tank
The main pump would be in the display tank
But there would be no drilling of the glass tank

Back when I had the store, I had a refugium that was made from a sweater box that fed directly into the tank
This allowed for a steady large population of micro fauna to feed the display tank

Man that’s an over use of the word “tank”!!

Or
You could make the sump higher than the tank
The main pump would be in the display tank
But there would be no drilling of the glass tank

Back when I had the store, I had a refugium that was made from a sweater box that fed directly into the tank
This allowed for a steady large population of micro fauna to feed the display tank

Man that’s an over use of the word “tank”!!
The problem with a main pump in the display would be the swallowing of nems through it

Back