Kessil

power strip discussion

The Kasa power strip cord is 40" in length.... WAYYYY too short. Just FYI so you can plan ahead in case you're thinking of purchasing one.
I thought most power strips had cords in the 3 foot range anyways, while longer ones do exist they are not the norm. Besides isn't this about making something work for you? Strip off one end of a 25 foot extension cord and replace the 40 inch one

My other 4 power strips are 64",72" and two 120"

APEX EL is 70"

Finally opened the Kasa and I wasn't prepare for a short cord. Of course I can extend it, but would be convenience if cord is longer.

Last edited:
For a "dumb strip" I like the Tripp Lite ones. Solid reviews, have various options for how many outlets and generally have a non-crazy shape which I helps my OCD.

Otherwise +1 to the folks recommending the Kasa products. the button per outlet + programming capability makes them pretty darn useful.

Obviously just a matter of opinion, but in this case I prefer the length of the Kasa strip cord since it’s easy to add length but not to shorten. My current use for my Kasa strip is close to an outlet so extra cord would just be in the way.

Most regular power strips have about that length of cord, it’s pretty standard.

Back