Kessil

power went out 10 min ago.

Naw. UPS's saved the day.

One Vortech (DT), a Korallia (FT), and the AC Jr (controller only) is plugged in the UPS, so no straw needed.

It was a good exercise in getting to our emergency supplies. Flashlights and lanterns were easily accessible. Emergency 'crank' radio/flashlight/alarm works; I noticed a lot of our canned food have expired. Time to empty and then restock the emergency bins.

The Comcast modem has it's own battery and I have my router plugged in another UPS. I use my laptop, and I can check PGE.com and see what the heck was going on. Unfortunately, the battery in the laptop died before the power came back.

Power was out for a couple of hours.

Yeah that big thunder storm we just had tested my emergency preparedness...I failed, flashlights had non functional batteries, LED lantern same story, used a kerosene lantern probably kill a few million brain cells having that on inside the house (not to mention nearly set the thing on fire since it's been a while since it was used), only thing I had working for me was those little flat candles used as accent/mood lighting... they don't provide much in the way of light however. Oh yeah and my laptop wasn't plugged in so I couldn't even get online... which I'm sure I wouldn't be able to since the router & modem both need to be plugged in *sigh*

sfboarders said:
Why did the power go out in the first place? Power outages are no fun.

I did not mind too much, now that I know Dancing with the Stars is online :bigsmile: It gave me a chance to go through the emergency bins and see my UPSs work.

According to the Contra Costa times, the power was caused by a truck hitting a pole.

A downed power pole left over 5,000 El Sobrante residents without power Tuesday evening.

According to a PG&E spokeswoman, utility workers shut off power after a truck ran into a pole at the corner of Valley View Road and San Pablo Dam Road around 9 p.m. Low-hanging power lines over the roadway prompted the California Highway Patrol to shut down two lanes of San Pablo Dam Road.

Two people in the vehicle were taken to a hospital with minor injuries.

The PG&E representative said the pole suffered significant damage and it was not immediately known when power would be restored.

Back