Reef nutrition

Powerhead recommendation

The "w" stands for wireless, yes. Waves are not a huge concern for me. I don't need those fancy waves modes like "reef crest," "lagoon," etc. I am much more concerned with being able to control the flow rate/speed. I don't mind manually turning it down during feeding. Will be able to do this with the MP40?

Without the wireless wave driver, its just like pretty much any other pump. Phong the wave driver is not to create just a wave. The wave driver has many modes. Personally I don't think it is worth it to get a gen 1 vortech with out the plans of updating the driver.

According to that guy post, you can upgrade to the W for another $90..
This look pretty good to me..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svsU17y-Hco

;D

Yeah that is a mp40w. A mp40 will not be able to produce a standing wave like that. The guy just mislabeled the youtube video.

You can upgrade it. What I was saying was it wouldn't be worth it to get it with out the plans of upgrading it.

[quote author=iani link=topic=4774.msg58272#msg58272 date=1223622218]
Yeah that is a mp40w. A mp40 will not be able to produce a standing wave like that. The guy just mislabeled the youtube video.

You can upgrade it. What I was saying was it wouldn't be worth it to get it with out the plans of upgrading it.
[/quote]

I can upgrade later on down the road, but what is more important to me is being able to control the flow rate with a knob or dial or something similar ... this way I can turn down during feeding, and turn back up afterwards. Also, I want to be sure this thing doesn't blow the water out of the tank :)

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4774.msg58280#msg58280 date=1223648399]
So did you buy it?
[/quote]

I guess it is pending. I sent him a PM saying I will take it, and all I need is an e-mail address to PayPal him the money. Hopefully he didn't sell it to someone else.

Did you make an offer Phong?? :D I would think you'd pay $50 in gas at least just to go pick it up in Sacramento.

A_lee: did he tell you it was yours though? Simply sending him a PM saying you'll take it means nothing, because there might be 20 other people who also did that.

I guess he wants to make $ on shipping.. USPS priority is around $8 plus insurance that would be around $10. UPS would be around the same amount.

Cool, sounds like a plan. Also have someone test it out first that you trust. Vortechs can be a little tricky sometimes. Also out of the 3 pumps I have not all of them are created equal. One runs perfect (zero heat and minimal noise), one runs good, and one runs just ok (gets hot, with noticable noise).

I will - providing I even get to buy it

Does anyone here have a drill to drill a tank? I will be getting a tank and will need a return hole drilled. I was hoping someone local (not a business) would be able to do it for me.

Microsoft live and ebay deal is going on again right now. 30 percent off. Check http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/ for the info. I just ordered another pump lol. 410-123 cash back.

Back