Jestersix

Red Pulsing Xenia

Just curious, if anyone has tried this variety ? It sounds like you get he benefit of pulsing xenia without it growing crazy in your tank :D

I have the ruby red xenia from Marine Farmers. It's cool. Grows to large stalks and not too invasive. It really doesn't pulse much. I'm in San Jose berryessa area. If you want some I'm going to get rid of some.
PXL_20220728_152155153.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220728_152200570.jpg
    PXL_20220728_152200570.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 111
  • PXL_20220728_152141648.jpg
    PXL_20220728_152141648.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 117
I have the ruby red xenia from Marine Farmers. It's cool. Grows to large stalks and not too invasive. It really doesn't pulse much. I'm in San Jose berryessa area. If you want some I'm going to get rid of some.View attachment 40742
That's pretty cool, I've never seen a tiled bottom of a tank before! Seems like a nice modular way to swap out things if they encrust but also doesn't allow the clean up crew to knock things around.

Thanks for responding, it sounds like you are happy with it. I was looking for something red to add a little more movement to my small tank. Thanks for the offer, but I don't get down to San Jose very often.

I’d be happy to pick up a piece of this if you’re trimming it back. I’m due for a drive down to Neptune at some point soon, sounds like you’re not too far from there.

That's pretty cool, I've never seen a tiled bottom of a tank before! Seems like a nice modular way to swap out things if they encrust but also doesn't allow the clean up crew to knock things around.
The tile thing works pretty well. The current aquarium is acrylic so I used white plastic tiles which are a bit too light and slick (harder to get things to attach. But in previous glass aquariums I used travertine tiles from home Depot which worked very well.

Back