Reef nutrition

Reef tank newbie

Hi guys,

I'm new to reef tanks and I'd appreciate your feedback on this.

I'm planning to get 3-4 gold doubloon mollies and I've been researching for tanks and so far I think I found one reef tank that is for my level (beginners) and adequate for the fish. What do you guys think?

Any information would be of great help. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Robert,

Welcome. We need some more information. Assuming you intend to convert the Molly’s to Saltwater, Do you plan to keep corals? How big of a tank are you considering? What’s your budget?

I had a few black mollies in my reef tank for years. Purchased from Albany Aquarium. I just threw them into the tank without acclimation. Some mollies do better than others.

I also used mollies for algae control in past nano tanks that would not fit tangs. One from aquatic collection frag flat and a couple I converted at home. I don't think I got more than a year out of any of them. I ran high flow which could have caused issue.

Hi Robert. I think a 29 gallon or a 40 breeder would be perfect for your mollies. Make sure to do tons of research regarding acclimation and tank essentials. If you are just doing fish and rocks, your basic freshwater supplies, such as a hob/canister filter and heater, should be ok. If you are planning on adding corals, look into protein skimmers and filter socks/sponges. Good luck!

I've got a 29 gallon jbj aio cube just sitting in my backyard. If you become a supporting member and make a tank journal and keep it updated you're welcome to it.

Speaking of Mollys and Guppies this site has a good selection. Browsed their Deal Buster menu which had huge selection of macro algae and gorgonian species for sea horse lovers. Never ordered from this site
Anyone have any feedback or experience?

Attachments

• IMG_1198.png
    IMG_1198.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1195.png
    IMG_1195.png
    157 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1194.png
    IMG_1194.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 21
Speaking of Mollys and Guppies this site has a good selection. Browsed their Deal Buster menu which had huge selection of macro algae and gorgonian species for sea horse lovers. Never ordered from this site
Anyone have any feedback or experience?
Kenny has about 3 black ones in stock, fully acclimated and QTed
1000003530.jpg

Back