Cali Kid Corals

ReeFi lighting - has anyone used them/compared them?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
I've seen a lot of mention of ReeFi lights around, a couple people urging the switch from Ecotech/etc to ReeFi Unos, and fairly aggressive organic marketing from the company itself on some reefing boards.

There's some interesting features (specifically the various reflectors, which minimize side glare without diffusers), but I was also suggested ~6 ReeFi Uno 2.0s in place of 3 or 4 G6 XR30s, so I'm not quite sure what the real-world performance breakdown looks like beyond higher PAR. Anyone used both that can chime in, or have any experience with them?

My buddy has one delivering today! He hopes to setup asap. I look forward to checking it out in person soon and hope talking him into choosing reefi was not a mistake.

@Darkxerox bullet point of xr30 for xr15 price is hard to beat.

The owner was very responsive when I inquired about adding a light to Ecotech RMS Rail system and offered to 3d print a mount that would work with the rail.

Yeah Daniel literally printed me a custom bracket for my old AI EXT rail system that was like 10 years old and unsupported by anyone. The lights still come with ceiling hangers too if you go that route.

Impressive self-reported specs from the company. Almost twice the PAR of the XR-30 (not just the same). From that, I would guess you wouldn’t be using more Uno 2.0s than XR-30s. No personal experience, but I’m following along.

ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro - the telegraham take​

Impressive self-reported specs from the company. Almost twice the PAR of the XR-30 (not just the same). From that, I would guess you wouldn’t be using more Uno 2.0s than XR-30s. No personal experience, but I’m following along.

I'm basically getting ~230 PAR on the sand in the center through 18" of water and 14" of air with the 90 degree reeflectors and running at 35% peak output. My tank is 26" wide and still gets over 100 in the corners. @IOnceWasLegend I think you could get away with three Uno 2.0s on your 72" tank if mounted high enough and still not have much shading or spill.

Back