Kessil

shrimp trap

JAR

Any suggestions for a shrimp trap? I have one or two peppermint shrimp that are grazing on a couple of acan colonies.

Normal fish trap would be fine, or a clean open mouth jar set on it's side with some food on the bottom. Tie a string around the neck and when it heads to the bottom, pull the string. You'll want some holes to allow the water to flow out. I've caught every shrimp I've attempted like this :)

Gresham's method works great, I've even used small fluted vases that way they have an even smaller hole to scoot out when extracting the trap. Wait an hour or two after the lights are out, if there's food in there you can bet your shrimp most likely is.

Orrrr you can get a rock with Aiptasia on it and feed the hungry little buggers.

There's also the 20 oz bottle trap, you cut the top off and turn it inside out, so the mouth piece is inside the bottle, glue it in that way, add a piece of shrimp, and then wait.

JAR said:
Your like a fortune teller!
Same two in the trap this morning.
Who's your pick for the Stanley Cup? :D

Hands down the Cirrhilabrus solorensis :D

no NO NOOO I mean the Sharks? wait, what's Jeremy's team again :lol:

Flyers baby!!!!!

My money is on the Wings though, you have to play a perfect game in order to win, plus the Penguins are Phillys main rival. :D

tuberider said:
Flyers baby!!!!!

My money is on the Wings though, you have to play a perfect game in order to win, plus the Penguins are Phillys main rival. :D

Doh that's right (stupid me) :)

See I have to root for the Sharks since half my friends are huge fans and since you lived in hockey country I have to root for your team as well :)

I hate the Mighty Ducks though. (simply due to the Disney connection). Why does Disney need to own sport teams..like the Angels :(

Tonight at 8 EDT (5pm PDT)
Penguins vs Red Wings
I think the Penguins have the edge.
Plus, I like penguins.
Giving the shrimp trap another try tonight.
Interceptor tomorrow.
Thanks Gresh and Mike.

Back