got ethical husbandry?

sicce ultra zero utility pump

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
Does anyone else have one of these? This is the item I started that brs shipping thread over. Seems like a great utility pump for water changes and mixing salt and what not. The main reason I bought this pump was to drain out my 100 gallon that has been sitting in my garage full for the last month or so. I attach a hose drop it in the tank and plug it in. It starts pumping right away but it also starts to scream. Pretty weird for a pump that's been out of the box less than 10 min. I unplug it and take it apart. The impeller is is covered in hair. Very long black hair is wrapped all around this thing. Super weird for a new pump. I remove the hair and put it back together. This thing is amazing. Pumped out 100 gallon tank in minutes and down to the advertised 2mm.

I got one while back to use on my mixing station and push salt water to the tank but still in the box.
I felt bit weird about the plastic used for the housing and was nervous of having it long term submerged inside Salt water..looks solid, and probably am just being paranoid...
I did not.like they do not include any fitting. Plumbing it will not be easy 9u5 of the box..

I was interested in this Sicce pump but couldn’t bring myself to spend the $100 on it. I got this other pump off Amazon for $20. 793gph vs 1100gph respectively. I haven’t had the chance to use it yet, but online reviews have been positive.

Attachments

• AB3F7CB5-AC5D-4C32-A8D0-BF58E3DB0FA7.jpeg
    AB3F7CB5-AC5D-4C32-A8D0-BF58E3DB0FA7.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 144
Yeah I would have documented all that black hair and sent BRS a message about it. Who knows they may just send you a new pump and tell you to keep the old one :D

FYI, do not use a brass hose fitting on it (like picture) if you plan on using any of the water that you suck out with it, I wouldn't even submerge it for a few minutes either (although that may be worrying too much). If you're just sucking water out to go down the drain though, then yeah it's fine.

Yeah I would have documented all that black hair and sent BRS a message about it. Who knows they may just send you a new pump and tell you to keep the old one :D

FYI, do not use a brass hose fitting on it (like picture) if you plan on using any of the water that you suck out with it, I wouldn't even submerge it for a few minutes either (although that may be worrying too much). If you're just sucking water out to go down the drain though, then yeah it's fine.

I was pumping out pure San Jose tap water. Just leak testing my 100 gallon

I was pumping out pure San Jose tap water. Just leak testing my 100 gallon
Oh I wasn't criticizing you for what you're doing, just throwing it out there that if someone were to use this as a way to move water say from a storage container into a tank, that you should not use copper based (or metal in general) fittings like brass.

Back