Cali Kid Corals

Spa Flex in Bay Area?

OK, I know this has been asked before, but where can I get some spa-flex (Flexible PVC hose) in the bay area?

I know vinyl hose can be found at OSH and HD, but it's a bit stiff for my application (bends in a tight sump space). I mean, unless spa-flex is stiffer than vinyl...

Thanks!

V

PS. I posted in this forum so that once the question is answered, it will stay there!

There's big Koi's outlet in San Jose selling them pretty cheap compare to other LFS, OSH or HD :) ..
http://www.fancykoioutlet.com/supply/flexpipe.htm

Seems like every two months I have to post:

Ewing - they have MANY locations to serve you, and they're usually cheapest :D

Besides, HD stocks some sizes of it :D

I found some in the Redwood city/San Carlos HD. It's not actually as FLEXible as I thought it would be. I mean, obviously it's more bendy than the pipes, but you still have to take GENTLE curves with it. I thought it was something else, like vaccuum cleaner hose.

V

PS. Yeah, I know it's posted a lot, which is why I re-posted it in the "resources" forum!

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=875.msg7895#msg7895 date=1143244447]
OK, I know this has been asked before, but where can I get some spa-flex (Flexible PVC hose) in the bay area?[/quote]

I believe flexible PVC is different than spa flex. They make a white PVC that is flexible and then there is the black hose i usually call spa flex. I suppose they could be the same but I always thought they were different?

Anyway, both All About Fish in Concord and Exotic Equatics in Pittsburg have options for one or both.

[quote author=LeviT link=topic=875.msg66888#msg66888 date=1228320518]
[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=875.msg7895#msg7895 date=1143244447]
OK, I know this has been asked before, but where can I get some spa-flex (Flexible PVC hose) in the bay area?[/quote]

I believe flexible PVC is different than spa flex. They make a white PVC that is flexible and then there is the black hose i usually call spa flex. I suppose they could be the same but I always thought they were different?

Anyway, both All About Fish in Concord and Exotic Equatics in Pittsburg have options for one or both.
[/quote]

SpaFlex, TigerFlex, etc are all flexible PVC. They are all simply brand names :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=875.msg66902#msg66902 date=1228326906]
SpaFlex, TigerFlex, etc are all flexible PVC. They are all simply brand names :)[/quote]
Oh ok, thanks. I thought the PVC stuff didn't have a core like the spa flex but that's what I get for thinking.

are you talking about the stuff that normally comes with external overflow boxes and wet dry's?

I know Connies pond supply in Castro Valley has it and Harrington Plastics in Burlingame has it...

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=875.msg67116#msg67116 date=1228376579]
So slightly off topic, but would the ribbed, really flexible hoses work in a pinch instead of spaflex for non-pressure related uses?
[/quote]

For overflows yah but returns it creates a lot of internal turbulence unless you push the proper amount through it, from what I've been told.

Back